Monday 16 November 2015

Autumn Projects

Hello, I haven't been around much lately and even crochet has had to take a back seat a little. Last month, inspired by Anne at Crochet Between Worlds , I started a teddy for a refugee child before my break from blogland occurred so I thought you would like to see him finished.



 I called him Bertie. With a lot of dull days and rain lately I had to take the photo quickly during a brighter spell so he didn't have his red heart stitched on at this point. I hope he brings some comfort and a little happiness to a little person somewhere. If you want to join in check out Anne's pattern on the blog and the teddies she and Michelle have created for vulnerable children.


My second autumn project was a chunky cowl in a variegated yarn I bought earlier this year just because it made me think of autumn.



This is Patons Colour Works Aran in shade 106 India Colour. I already had a scarf pattern in mind from an old magazine which I wanted to use.




This yarn is so soft and squishy, with such happy colours I enjoyed doing a few rows each evening until it was finished and of course it worked up really quickly making it an ideal project for a busy time.


I'm really going to enjoy wearing this through the winter season.




Til next time,
Hx

14 comments:

  1. What a happy looking teddy! Your new cowl is lovely and I'm sure will keep you nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian, I especially wanted him to look happy because of his destination. Hx

      Delete
  2. Your teddy is really cute and the most important thing is that you made it for a very good purpose.
    I'm sure that the child that will receive it will be very happy .
    I like the idea of crocheting a cowl. I may give it a try ,myself.
    Have a lovely new week.
    Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, I find I wear cowls more than scarves and they are so easy to make, I'm sure you would like it. Hx

      Delete
  3. Your teddy is really cute and the most important thing is that you made it for a very good purpose.
    I'm sure that the child that will receive it will be very happy .
    I like the idea of crocheting a cowl. I may give it a try ,myself.
    Have a lovely new week.
    Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bertie. I can already tell that he is destined for an interesting life with plenty of adventures.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure a child somewhere will get huge comfort from the gorgeous bear you've made, and I can see autumn skies in your crocheted cowl. I'm much faster at crochet than knitting and am always surprised at how quickly a crocheted item can grow - must be all those holes!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Cathy and sometimes making something which works up quickly is just what I want. Hx

      Delete
  6. Bertie is such a cutie!!!! :) I am sure he will be loved to pieces by some refugee child!

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Bertie ..... and such a beautiful scarf .... i love the colors .... have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful scarf and Bertie is adorable - He will be so precious to his new owner xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment, I love to read them all and will reply to any questions as soon as I can.