Saturday 18 July 2015

Shawl, Stole or Wrap?

Hello folks,

What do you call them? I usually go with shawl or wrap, rarely using the name stole. Last week I wrote about making a wrap with the summery merino lace yarn I had. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments you left, I loved reading them and was delighted that you all liked this yarn too. I'm pleased to announce the wrap is now finished!




This worked up really quickly and I finished it a few days ago, it then languished the next few days waiting to be blocked while I took advantage of the better weather to get back on top of the garden. I finally got around to blocking it and here it is.
  



I kept the edge very plain in the end, just a single row of double crochet all the way around and then a row of picots at either end. My picots were made by working 3 ch, sl st in 1st ch and then sl st to where I wanted the next picot. I loved these colours the moment I saw them and I'm really pleased with the way this shawl has turned out, simple definitely was the way to go as it really shows off the colours. It looks green shown on some lime broderie anglaise,




and the turquoise is brought out by this dress.





When I wrote about making this last week I had been thinking how lovely it would look over a summery white top or dress, I'd completely forgotten I had this simple long turquoise shift dress for which it is also a perfect match.




Isn't it lovely how a single layer of the wrap looks turquoise but where it is hangs in folds it becomes green? Would you like a closer look?



I'm going to really enjoy using this shawl, matched with this dress it would even look good for a summer wedding reception.

Are you enjoying the summer so far? It's been somewhat wet here this year which hasn't been good for getting out in the garden but has been good for cracking on with my crochet projects. Yes, it's plural again, I don't seem to be able to limit myself to just one, my mind races off with too many ideas. Do you find that too? I want to make another Paisley cushion but with a slightly different design, I have some small, items to make in thread crochet and last but not least, I want to try some broomstick lace. I think that should keep me busy for a little while.

Til next time,

Hx

8 comments:

  1. It does look lovely with your dress, it's great finding something in your wardrobe you forgot you had. I hope you have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful. I would call it a shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Northern Ireland and the weather is dreadful. It's blowing a gale today with showers and horrible grey skies. Lovely for crocheting though! Your shawl is really beautiful and I love the colours in it. It is a very good match with the dress. I would usually call this a shawl or wrap. Stole seems like an old-fashioned name now! But it's just the same thing really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go with shawl and this one is lovely, the colors of the sea.
    amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it's beautiful! It's just perfect with the dress :) Summer keeps disappearing and reappearing here in Lincs, I can't keep up with it! Looking forward to seeing your projects :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really lovely, and how great is it you found you had a dress that matches it so well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't matter what you call it, it is just gorgeous! The colours are so beautiful, get ready for an ocean of complements whenever you wear it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, such beautiful blues and greens - it reminds me of the sea. I'm sure you're going to enjoy wearing it :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment, I love to read them all and will reply to any questions as soon as I can.